Our 2021 panel discussion expanded on and delved into the subject discussed during last year’s webinar titled “Rethinking the workspace” moderated by Alessio Antoniolli (Director of Gasworks, London). This year in collaboration with guest curator Katerina Nikolaou Open Space invited internationally acclaimed cultural institutions and artist residencies to share their views and thoughts on how they imagine their future.
Moderator and Speaker: Huma Kabakcı (Founding director of Open Space)
Moderator and Guest Curator : Katerina Nikolaou
Çelenk Bafra (Curator, Director of SAHA)
Huma Kabakcı (Founding Director of Open Space)
Marily Konstantinopoulou (Co-founder & Program Director of Artworks)
Dimitra Nikolou (Co-founder & Program Director of Artworks)
Augustus Veinoglou (Founder of Shnehta Residency)
Gillean Dickie ( Director of Operations at Delfina Foundation)
This webinar will analyze the following questions:
- How have institutions adapted to the current circumstances and how have they evolved within the last year?
- How will the role of artist residencies change in the post pandemic world; looking at the importance of failure and adaptation when faced with new opportunities?
- Will digital residencies become more legitimate forms of creative and intellectual exchange between artists and institutions? What are some of the new formats that have been tried and tested?
- What have we learned since the instrumental shift from the physical space to the digital sphere? How have artists and residencies navigated this extreme change?
- How can art institutions serve their communities without leaving anyone behind in this hyper-engaging and fast-developing digital world?
- In times of uncertainty, how can art institutions still be creative and innovative?
- In what way has the responsibility of the role of residencies changed since the pandemic?